Lecturer in Economics for Sustainable Development and Impact Entrepreneurship
- Teach economics for sustainable development, new economic models (such as circular economy, purpose economy, economy of the commons, and wellbeing economy), impact entrepreneurship and other business-related topics, and quantitative research skills.
- Guide and coach students in their projects and internships.
- Prepare educational materials (online and classroom), develop assessments and grade student assignments.
- Establish positive classroom relationships with students. Provide opportunities for in-class discussions and questions and inspire the students about the subject matters, creating a fruitful learning process.
- Establish connections between your network and the students.
- Strive for consistency and fairness in preparation and grading of assessments and provide timely formative feedback to students on their assignments.
- Ensure quality of the GPCM curriculum and own work.
- Collaborate with colleagues and the work field to develop the GPCM curriculum successfully further and the educational concept of WHC.
- Contribute to the positioning of WHC at regional, national and international level.
Welcome to Windesheim
On our campus in Zwolle, you can do more than just work. We are an energetic community, with many people, activities and a great deal of facilities. An extensive campus shop, restaurants, cafes and if you want to do sports, you can do so in our gym or swimming pool. The campus is located just outside Zwolle's bustling downtown area, close to the river IJssel and within walking distance of the railway station.
Global Project and Change Management forms an inspiring international learning community where learning by doing, and teamwork play a significant role. Our slogan is “we dare to face challenges; we share in a powerful community, and we care about humanity.” The vision of GPCM is to become the universities of applied sciences benchmark for education for sustainability focusing on local talent, global impact, and global talent, local impact. GPCM is the top choice for intrinsically motivated and gifted students who strive to develop, apply and combine their talents to become excellent project and change managers, whom businesses and organizations compete for to hire them.
At Global Project and Change Management, dedicated teachers and motivated students collaborate to build an innovative educational environment where everyone is challenged to think, ask questions, take risks and explore the full scope of the world around them. The work is demanding, the standards are high, but here students acquire the intellectual and practical tools that will enrich their lives and enable them to address the complex global challenges of our time.
We are an international and diverse learning community and given the current composition of our team, we encourage non-western persons or non-binary candidates to apply.
- Master's Degree in economics, (impact) entrepreneurship, business administration or a related field.
- Strong foundation in economics for sustainable development and impact entrepreneurship; a strong foundation in applied quantitative methods is of added value.
- Experience with guiding (quantitative) applied research projects.
- Previous teaching experience in higher education is required, preferably in an honours education setting or with innovative didactic methods.
- Experience with a learning outcome-based curriculum is of added value.
- Strong professional network at regional, national and/or international level.
- Ability to work independently and to take responsibility.
- Ability to multi-task and collaborate with others.
- Flexible and easy to reach.
- Excellent command of the English language, spoken and written and good knowledge of Dutch is preferred.
- Solid knowledge and skills with Microsoft Office computer software, solid knowledge and skills with statistical programmes.
- A gross salary in the range of € 3.881,09 - € 5332,48 (salary scale 11 cao hbo(opent in nieuw tabblad))
- An employment contract for 12 months
- 53 days’ holiday per year
- 8% holiday allowance
- 8.3% year-end bonus
- A flexible travel expense scheme, fine-tuned to your transport mode
- Plenty of opportunities for development through our own in-house training institute and GoodHabitz
- fresh fruit at your workplace and sports facilities
- an annual allowance for professional literature and a free museum annual pass
- Homeworking facilities like a laptop, to enable hybrid working.
Submit your application and join the Windesheim community
Are you the inspiring and experienced lecturer in Economics for Sustainable Development and Impact Entrepreneurship? Then apply by stating your motivation and enclose your CV by 11 December at the latest. Please do answer the following questions in your motivation. It will help us to make our recruitment and selection process as objective as possible:
- Why would you like to become part of the learning community of the degree programme Global Project and Change Management?
- Could you concrete provide examples of innovative education that you have developed/taught and/or ideas that you have of what this might look like in relation to the required background/expertise?
- How do you evaluate your didactical skills in terms of lecturing and coaching a diverse/international group of students? Could you share feedback that you received from students and colleagues?
What you can expect
Have you completed and submitted your application form? After the first selection round we will let you know if you will be invited for an introductory interview. Are we both enthusiastic after this first interview? Then you will be invited for a second interview. Do we want to be your colleagues after this interview, and do you want to be ours? Then we will offer you a contract.
- You will receive a reply no later than 5 days after the closing date.
- The first interviews are scheduled at Zwolle on 16 December.
- The second interviews are scheduled at Zwolle in the third week of January.
- A mini lecture/reference check may be part of the selection procedure.
This vacancy was posted for internal and external candidates simultaneously. Suitable internal candidates will be given priority over external candidates.